Thursday, September 1, 2011

Catching up from the beginning

Hello!


      I just created a new blog for myself so i can keep track of the days and what ive done so far in Puerto Rico.


     Currently, im lying on a hammock, just relaxing from playing tennis against a wall for few hours earlier. When i heard that im heading to Puerto Rico on July 26th to visit my father. I was escastic about it but the thoughts of missing my friends in Canada was very hard for myself so i decided to spend the rest of July months with everyone as much as I can. 


   Upon my arrival in Puerto Rico, it was surprisingly not hot as the weather in Canada.. or maybe its just because i got there at nighttime. Humidity in PR is definitely different though. I stayed at my dad's for a while. I knew my dad wasnt gonna be home all the times since he has a job but we agreed that I'd be using his truck to travel.


   His other car broke down not long after i got there. Bad karma!! He took the truck and i was pretty much bored at home. At least i was keeping myself busy with the stray dogs and my dad's cats. <3


   When it was my dad's day off. we went to ESD school.  It's the place where my parents met. Hung out with them and realized it was really fun. I asked them if i could stay over for a week and they welcomed me.


  Guess what happened next? A week changed to till May. I decided to work as a volunteer for a teacher assistant here at ESD. Since i wanted to be a social worker so i can work in families crisis and behavior. Obviously they require experiences socializing and this is my first step into the real world.


    So, I've been snorkelling everywhere nearby, found two interesting species, its called Eagle spotted stingray and Flying gurnard. Went to El Yunge, a fanastic waterfall mountain where you could dip yourself in the waterfall and itd feel like if its massaging your back. :)


    Bioluminescent bay in Fajardo was just an incredible experience. We kayaked into a cave made by the forest itself and out into a huge lagoon. The water there glowed.  When I sticked my arm in the water and out, the water fell down my arm and glowed all over. We could even see the fishes swimming there. it was very relaxing and amazing same time. Only 7 areas in the world has something like this.  Only seven! Three is in PR.


      Met three parrots after the kayaking.  They have an individual personalities. They earned my full respect  for showing it and biting my phone. haha. That's the reason i put the parrots into the blog's link name.


    Hurricane Irene missed us but it took our electricity out! No electricity for almost a week. We went out swimming. Yeah we're insane i know, but hey.. once you're here. you will understand. The waves was HUGE. :O.  Kept myself busy raking, mowing, dragging the trees and cleaning the fridge in the dormitory when the electricity was out.


   Crabs here isnt very nice..... One of them pinched me when I somehow grabbed it when i was playing with the waves. I got stung by a jellyfish just above my back knee as well, and I heard millions of jellyfishes is coming to the shores of PR..... Oh great, I guess I'm going to get barbecued soon.


   We started going to a gym for a badminton games and practice. it brought up my good memories of winning a gold medal in 2006. Apparently, the captain there saw my talent and told me he will call something i dont know, and i think put me into a national level games?      
   
        ESD is just amazing school Ive been to. Its going to be an epic experience.
           I should stop typing now since I'm supposed to be playing Othello few minutes ago :O 


          Off to Culebra island to snorkel with my father in the morning.  :)
 







3 comments:

  1. Othello was tons of fun- thanks for the wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! congrats on your new blog, i'm always very interested in reading your content, i hope you had a blast! and wish you more adventures to come with more blogs for me to read haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Welcome to the Bolg writing work. You have beautifully written yur personal life expereinces and events and from this story i can for sure say you will be posting different and interesting pieces of blogs

    ReplyDelete