Friday, September 2, 2011

Culebra Snorkelling!

    Someone's picking my leg up and drop it down few times,  I woke up and saw my dad. Excited because I knew we were going to Culebra island today. I got ready quickly. Didnt shower. Whoops.


     Arrived at the ferry! The ships there was huge. not as huge as the Titantic of course. It was little wobbly inside but ehh. It took us an hour to get all over to Culebra. Impatient as hell, I just decided to keep myself busy looking out the window and take pictures of Fajardo coast. Finally we got to Culebra island, we exited the ship and saw so many transportation with the names of the place where its popular for the tourist attraction. We decided to go to Flamenco since ESD school told me it was good place to snorkel.


    Not even 15 minutes, we got there and we just dived in before anyone else. The water..... is just INCREDIBLY clean, so BLUE and the sand was so white that it doesnt really make a dust cloud if u walked. The reefs wasnt so far away, I found bunch of school fishes all over the bottom of the reefs. I dived in and swam like if I'm one of them. Yeah I'm pretty sure they thought i was a strange boy.


   There were three reefs in Flamenco. First one was full of small fishes and the schoolfishes on the bottom. Second one wasnt really anything but a lot of yellow fishes. Third one was the best one. I followed a herd of blue tangs as long as a school bus into deeper water. I feel safe with them, better than people because they'd definitely abandon you if they see the danger.


   They werent so friendly just like the angelfish the other day, trying to bodyslam me when i was kneeling in the shore. So, I've been asking them where P.Sherman 42 Wallbay Sydney was and they just ignored me :(  I tried to swim away, ironically they followed me then when i turned around, they did the same. It kept going like that for a bit, it was actually fun.


    
   All I can say is I definitely loved snorkelling there. Next time we're going to Culebra, we're going to Tortola island, around an hour flight time from Culebra. Its an island filled with sea turtles.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment